The Aftermath to General Election 2019
A page both for linked groups and for public viewing.
Playing to the whistle! Actions to take part in up to and beyond Brexit Day:
- Crowdfunder to help The People's Challenge work to secure rights of all EU citizens - UK included.
- Crowdfunder to match the suggested funding of Big Ben sounding at 11pm on 31 January 2020.
- Crowdfunder for Proms flags 2020.
- Crowdfuder for Viennese choristers at GfE conference (to follow).
- Keep an eye on our Key Events calendar for the day.
- Sodem is every Wednesday with a focus on PMQs.
- Write to MEPs about the Withdrawal Agreement and any other concerns: https://www.bollockstobrexit.com/
- Write to other EU office holders using East London's template: https://ukpen.eu/initiative/send-an-email-to-the-eu-office-holders/
- Follow developments as The People's Challenge consider their next move: https://thepeopleschallenge.org/2019/12/23/despite-or-perhaps-because-of-the-election-result-the-work-continues/
Local Group Scoping Papers and Initial Thoughts
If you have ideas for what should be included please contact us. For example a list of the angles that future campaigning should cover?
- being closer to Europe
- protecting European citizens and other foreigners from xenophobia
- climate emergency
- fixing the broken political system:
- electoral reform - Electoral Reform Society
- proportional representation - Make Votes Matter
- centralisation of power in Westminster
- making lying by politicians a criminal offence - https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/borisjohnsonpostjcio#start
- foreign press ownership
It might be of value to have a collection of statements
- Stuart Hand for People's Vote/Open Britain: https://ukpen.eu/reference/peoples-vote-open-britain-position-statement/
- Stephen Dorrell for European Movement: https://ukpen.eu/reference/stephen-dorrells-message-to-em-members-after-the-election/
- Gina Miller for Remain United: https://mailchi.mp/3e02dab56f01/post-election-statement-from-gina-miller?e=eeb560d98c
- Naomi Smith for Best for Britain: https://ukpen.eu/reference/a-call-to-arms-naomi-smith-best-for-britain/
- AEIP conference position: https://www.anothereurope.org/our-strategy/
- Mike Butcher - Tech for UK: https://ukpen.eu/reference/tech-for-uk-mike-butcher-statement-december-2019/
- Mike Galsworthy: https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/everything-remain-got-wrong-and-right-so-we-can-learn-our-lesson-and-get-ahead-1-6457626
- Andrew Adonis: https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/andrew-adonis-why-remainers-must-not-become-brexit-miserabilists-1-6457493
- A C Grayling: https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/a-uk-return-to-europe-is-possible-and-need-not-be-far-away-1-6457709
- Unite to Remain Report: https://unitetoremain.org/sites/default/files/UTR.Review.of.GE2019.Results.14.Jan.2020.pdf
Grassroots For Europe Where Next For Remain?
All Reports on: Event Page