Join our campaign for 180 days of visa-free tourist travel in the EU from 1 January 2021.
Freedom of Movement ends for UK passport holders on 31 December 2020. This Freedom, plus the valuable related facilities that run alongside it, are about to end abruptly. Using a visa is not a realistic solution to the Schengen 90/180-day issue.
How will you be affected?
The proposal is to permit a cumulative total of 180 days in any 360-day rolling period. Why is it important?
Conceptually similar to the existing 90/180 Schengen rules, we are campaigning for control period, twice as long, to allow more flexibility to travel. This is particularly relevant to:
- pensioners who take extended holidays
- people who make many trips to the EU
- those who travel extensively within Europe, such as caravanners, cyclists, walkers
- business people who travel regularly to Europe and who also holiday there
- people who sail in European coastal waters or cruise Europe’s inland waterways, often for several months in the season
- young people and anyone planning a gap year and/or travelling independently
- those who spend months living in second homes in Europe. They risk being left with “stranded assets”.
We have produced a briefing document that explains the issues with the Schengen 90/180-day rule in detail: https://docs.google.com/
Read our Facebook Page. Write to your MP, many are completely unaware of the consequences to their constituents.
Campaign with us to mitigate the certain damage our national loss of Freedom of Movement will incur. Time is running out. Visit our website now.