WE NEED TO EXTEND TRANSITION!
The country’s top priority is to recover from the effects of Covid-19. It’s a huge task and nothing matters more and we’ll need time to achieve it. It will take time to re-start the economy; time to get people back to work; and time to adapt to long-term social distancing. We do not need a Brexit clock ticking loudly in the background. We do not want Father Time removing the bails on 31 December, crying: “game over!”
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW!
If there’s no trade deal at the end of the year, we crash out of the European Union without one. Business is not prepared for that, neither is agriculture. Government can avoid the chaos by extending the transition period by up to two years. But we have only until 30 June to persuade the government to ask the EU for an extension.
‘One Crisis At A Time’ is designed to engage the wider community impacted by a no-deal Brexit: in other words, you!
To help you write to your MP, local paper and businesses there are facts and sample letters in answers to frequently asked questions below.
TOP 10 FAQ
- WHY EXTEND THE TRANSITION PERIOD?
- WHAT IS THE WITHDRAWAL AGREEMENT?
- WHAT IS THE UK-EU NEGOTIATING TIMETABLE?
- IS IT POSSIBLE TO EXTEND THE TRANSITION PERIOD?
- WHAT DO 'NO-DEAL' AND 'WTO' MEAN?
- WHAT RISKS DOES NO-DEAL POSE? IMPACTS ON SECTORS?
- WHAT IS THE EU’s POSITION? WHAT DOES THE UK WANT TO ACHIEVE?
- WHAT SHOULD I WRITE TO MY MP AND NEWSPAPER?
- WHAT ARE THE BEST HASHTAGS AND LINKS TO FOLLOW?
- IS THERE A PETITION I CAN SIGN?
Resources (password protected)